Monday, July 11, 2016

Review: An Abundance of Katherines

An Abundance of Katherines An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the book. It is my least favorite of John Green's books. But, it has a good story, its not really plot driven, mostly character driven. Colin was an interesting protagonist. Similar to his protagonists in his previous books, he wants to be remembered and he is considered to be a prodigy. I found this book similar to Paper towns, as in the side characters were a little bit better than the main character. Hassan gets great lines, he gets monologues. I liked Lindsay, she was cool. You can tell there were a lot of layers to her character. One thing I really liked was there is this scene where she finds out that her boyfriend cheated on her and the guys defend her while she attacks him also. Its refreshing that for once the girlfriend didn't just blame the other women. I didn't like her boyfriend, you could tell the book only used him as a plot device considering it happened 30 pages 3 chapters before the book end. Overall, I gave this book 4 stars. I enjoyed it. Its the type of book where you read it once and that's enough.


1 comment:

  1. I just nominated you for the Leibster Award just follow the link for all the info - http://yabookaholic123.blogspot.ie/2016/07/liebster-award-june-2016.html

    ReplyDelete