Sunday, October 18, 2015

Girl Meets World : Lucaya

As you can tell from the title, I ship lucas and maya from the show Girl Meets world. Girl meets  texas parts 1 and 2 aired these last two days. I saw part 3 already yesterday on the WatchDisney app and i'm disappointed with the third part. The writers used Maya as a plot device for Riley and Lucas's relationship. Maya, who has feelings for Lucas since the beginning, her feelings are disregarded completely in the third one. The focus is only on Riley's feelings towards Lucas. I'm going to put some quotes that Maya has said in season 1 and season 2.
" I'm fine believing that nothing much is going to happen to me. Otherwise I'm full of hope. You hope for things you get disappointed".- Season 1, Episode 7
" I'm always okay- Season 1, Episode 13
" He doesn't want to go out with me, He's not going out with me. He's never going out with me" - season 1, episode 20
"Of course, I like you.- Season 2, episode 21.
 With the first three quotes, Maya has convinced herself that Lucas is never going to like her the way he does Riley. In the last one, she finally confesses her feelings, this is the first time that she's vulnerable around him. To have this moment with him, and then have it not mentioned at all in the last part is horrible. Maya's feelings are important, she feels with her whole heart. Protect Maya Hart. She's not Riley, She's her own person with her own feelings. Please do not use her feelings as a stepping stone for Riley and Lucas's relationship. It's not fair to her character to have her given hope, to then have it taken away from her.
 Due to this, I have made a playlist for Lucaya.
 Speechless- Lady Gaga
Almost Lover- A Fine Frenzy
Gravity- Sara Bareilles
A Drop in The Ocean- Ron Pope
I can't make me love you- Adele
Too Young- Sabrina Carpenter
Say Something-  A Great Big World ft Christina Aguilera
Colors- Hasley
Drive- Hasley
Like Real People Do - Hozier
How To Be A Heart Breaker- Marina and the Diamonds
Treacherous- Taylor Swift
State of Grace- Taylor Swift
You are in love- Taylor Swift
Red-Taylor Swift
Enchanted-Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment