Sunday, August 14, 2016

Movies + Book Recommendations

I got this idea from a video I saw authors Alice Oseman and Lauren James do. The idea is that one person chooses 2 or 3 of their favorite movies and the other person chooses 3 books that are related to or similar to those movies.
 I thought that this was an original idea so I thought that I would try it for myself with my friend Sarah, Ya96lover. I am going to pick three of my favorite movies and Sarah is going to choose 3 books that are similar or related to them.

1. The Princess Bride

2. 10 Things I Hate About You

3. Water For Elephants

3 comments:

  1. This was harder than I thought it would be :p
    But I tried to match aspects of these movies to aspects of books that I've read and enjoyed.

    1. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (an historical fiction about a woman who is engaged to a 'suitable' suitor but is actually in love with someone else)

    2. Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne (wasn't sure what this movie was about but I got the jist of a girl who wanted to date a guy but the dad said when her sister dates someone she can too so they try and set the sister up with someone... but ya, Am I Normal Yet? is about a teen girl who is trying to be 'normal' and tries to find herself a boyfriend. I'm currently reading this. It is epic!)

    3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (I went with the forbidden romance aspect of that novel because I haven't read a book which would fit the with the rest of the theme :p)

    Let me know if these were ok :) Or if I completely got this wrong :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hey, you did a good job actually, The aspects of the movies were pretty similar. I will definitely be reading these books. I heard of all of these series. I heard the Am I Normal Yet book is part of the spinster club trilogy. I can't wait to read them. :) I can do yours now. Pick 3 movies and I'll choose 3 book that would go with them.

    ReplyDelete