Sunday, August 14, 2016

Movies + Book Recommendations

I got this idea from a video I saw authors Alice Oseman and Lauren James do. The idea is that one person chooses 2 or 3 of their favorite movies and the other person chooses 3 books that are related to or similar to those movies.
 I thought that this was an original idea so I thought that I would try it for myself with my friend Sarah, Ya96lover. I am going to pick three of my favorite movies and Sarah is going to choose 3 books that are similar or related to them.

1. The Princess Bride

2. 10 Things I Hate About You

3. Water For Elephants

4 comments:

  1. This was harder than I thought it would be :p
    But I tried to match aspects of these movies to aspects of books that I've read and enjoyed.

    1. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (an historical fiction about a woman who is engaged to a 'suitable' suitor but is actually in love with someone else)

    2. Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne (wasn't sure what this movie was about but I got the jist of a girl who wanted to date a guy but the dad said when her sister dates someone she can too so they try and set the sister up with someone... but ya, Am I Normal Yet? is about a teen girl who is trying to be 'normal' and tries to find herself a boyfriend. I'm currently reading this. It is epic!)

    3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (I went with the forbidden romance aspect of that novel because I haven't read a book which would fit the with the rest of the theme :p)

    Let me know if these were ok :) Or if I completely got this wrong :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you did a good job actually, The aspects of the movies were pretty similar. I will definitely be reading these books. I heard of all of these series. I heard the Am I Normal Yet book is part of the spinster club trilogy. I can't wait to read them. :) I can do yours now. Pick 3 movies and I'll choose 3 book that would go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come and browse all your favorite movies and tv shows online without registration. Biggest movies and tv series database available on 123 Movies 123movies site

    ReplyDelete