Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Audition, Girl Meets World fanfic

I know what you all are thinking. What is Maya Hart doing at an audition? First, I want to put it out there that this was all Riley's idea. Our school is putting on Peter Pan as the school play. They were going to be holding auditions at 3pm. Riley, being Riley decided that we should all audition. Farkle and Lucas auditioned first and then Riley. I'm last. It's pointless anyway. I'll probably get a small role.

  "Maya Hart", said Mrs Daniel at her desk in the auditorium. As soon as she called my name, I stepped up to the stage. I wore a simple white shirt with ripped jeans and my cheetah print coat.
 " What part are you auditioning for, Ms. Hart?" said Mrs Daniel with a soft expression on her face.
" Excuse me" I said, perplexed. I didn't know we had to come reading for a part, I though it was just an audition.
" Do you want to be Wendy, Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily?" I thought about the choices carefully. Wendy is someone who is sweet and kind. Not me, that's Riley. That role is for her. Tinkerbell is sassy and fierce. While, Tiger Lily is head of her tribe.
" Tiger Lily", I said, smiling. She nodded and wrote something down the piece of paper in front of her. " You may begin, Ms. Hart"

      I took a look at my surroundings, closed my eyes, took a deep breath and sang

 On the day that you were born the angels got together.
And decided to create a dream come true.
So, they sprinkled moon dust in your hair of gold,
And star-light in your eyes of blue.
That is why all the girls in town follow you all around.
Just like me, they long to be close to you.
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

I finished the song looking up with a sad look. I looked up to see what Mrs Daniel thought of it. "Um, Mrs Daniels, I'm done" I said. When I looked at her, she was clapping and crying. " Bravo, Ms. Hart, that was wonderful", she said beaming. " You are perfect for the role." I smiled. " Great, so when do i get to wear face paint?".

 Now, Mrs. Daniels looked confused. " What are you talking about, Ms. Hart? " You said I was perfect for the role of Tiger Lily". Then, she was laughing. I swear theatre teachers are weird, This is why I don't get involved in school activities. " Oh no, my dear girl you're going to be Wendy in the play, not Tiger Lily". I stopped breathing when I heard Wendy. I stepped down from the stairs and went towards her. " I'm sorry, I thought I heard you say that I'm going to play Wendy".  She put her hand on my shoulder. " That is correct, Ms. Hart, you will be our Wendy in the play".
" No offense, Mrs Daniels, but I think you're making a mistake", I said. She looked at me the way Riley looks at me when she wants to say something important. " How so, Ms. Hart? Wendy is character who is in middle of wanting to remain a child and yet she is also forced to be grown up.
I think that you can relate the most to this, right, Ms, Hart"

I thought about what she said. She was right. Since my dad left me and my mom, I had been a little kid when it happened but I had to be forced to be grown up for my mom.
"Ok, I'll do it", I said.
" Wonderful, I will see you and Mr. Friar on Monday for rehearsals", Mrs Daniels said. wait, what? why would he? Oh no.
I knew the answer anyway but I had to be sure. " what is Lucas's part"? Maybe I'm overthinking it, he could be a lost boy.
" he will be playing Peter Pan, said Mrs Daniels. " You two will be our Peter Pan and Wendy."
I left the auditorium after that. I'm going to be Wendy and Lucas is going to be Peter Pan. Wendy is in love with Peter Pan, I think Peter likes her too. Riley isn't going to like this. I have act like I'm in love with Lucas. But he's Riley's crush. This is going to be difficult. Normally, I would text Riley first, but I had to go to the source. I texted Lucas.
 So, apparently, I'm wendy in the play.
That's great, I knew you would be her.
what are u talking about? You wanted me to be Wendy?
yea, I'm playing Peter and you're wendy. 
This doesn't seem weird to you?
No, we're friends. Plus,  I think you make a great wendy
How come you didn't want Riley to be Wendy?
riley' great don't get me wrong, she just doesn't have that spark that Wendy has 
she's smiley riley, she's a ray of sunshine
I know, but wendy's more than that she's loyal, compassionate, creative, beautiful.
are we still talking about wendy?
Um, maybe.
what?
i gotta go, see ya at rehearsals, wendy. he ended the text with a heart emoji
Ok, Lucas Friar can be a Huckleberry. But, that was just weird. He was obviously talking about Wendy right? Not me, besides he likes Riley. He likes her. he has to like her.



No comments:

Post a Comment