Saturday, August 22, 2015

Landline Book Review


Landline

Before, I start this review, i just to let you guys know that i wrote this review at like 2 in the morning so it may be all over the place. ok, here we go!
This book was good, not great but still enjoyable. The character of Georgie was interesting because she's a workaholic and she's trying to save her marriage and her two kids along with it. Now, I'm not married nor do I have kids, and that's ok. Either way I could relate to how Georgie reacted in certain situations. Other times, not so much. It seems like most of the book is her deciding to go see her family for Christmas. On to Neal, from the beginning, you can see that Neal is kind of a hard person to approach, I'm gonna be honest, I didn't really like that much, I don't know what Georgie saw it him. I think I liked past Neal better. That reminds me, in the story Georgie tries to call Neal from an old landline phone at her mom's house and ends up talking to Neal from 1998, the week before he proposed to Georgie. I know, I was a little confused by this part because i wasn't sure how it was going to work. It ended up working in the end. Now, the ending. I don't know if it's me but it felt anti-climactic, you know in those Lifetime Christmas movies at the end where the main character realizes what they were missing and the scene fades out. That's how the ending felt for me, at least. One last thing, there is a couple from one of Rainbow's previous books that do make an appearance in the end,,i knew who they were as soon they were described. When i found out, i fangirled because there's an update on them even though they're not named, you can tell by the hints they give. Highly recommend this book especially around Christmas since this book takes place around that time. I rated this book  4 stars. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment