Monday, February 22, 2016

Review: Inland

Inland Inland by Kat Rosenfield
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I though that the premise of the book was interesting. Definitely had my attention about it being about a different take on the mermaid myth. But, there wasn't really a plot when I read it. Callie's mother dies, she witnessed it, forced to forget it, then is sent away to another place with her father. The mermaid myths are here and there. Also, the mental illness that her mother and she had as well wasn't developed much as it could have been. I still don't remember what she was diagnosed with in the end. Which reminds me, the ending, I was confused it, it didn't explain anything. I really think the book itself could have shorter, and subplots could have been taken out. The idea was great, the writing, beautiful but the execution not so much. I picked this book up 3 times. Also, I think the ending should have been in the beginning instead because It's Callie's memory of that day that when her mom died. That would have made more sense because then we would have gotten an idea of what it was like, instead of it being mentioned here and there.



No comments:

Post a Comment