Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Date, GMW fanfic

The day had finally arrived. She had doubted that it would happen. But, it did. Today would be the day that Maya Hart goes on a date with Lucas Friar. True to his word, he had told Riley the truth about he felt about her in 3 months. She had assumed that by then Lucas would have forgotten about the date and move on. She was wrong. He did not forget. He send her a rose every day for a week to her locker or would leave little post it notes reminding her with complements.

 It was also his idea to bring a camera to their date. When she asked him why earlier in the week, all he said was that it was to capture memories. So here she was dressed up in a floral blouse, jeans, and flats. For her hair, she decided to leave it loose and just added bangs to it. It was Lucas, so he's seen her in practically every outfit.
 She turned the camera on.
" Ok, guys so i'm about to go my date with Lucas. Normally, I wouldn't document it, but he said he wanted us to have it for memories so I'm doing it", said Maya as she walks down the stairs. The doorbell rings after she is finishes. Maya opens the door and sees Lucas standing there in a blue suit with flowers in his hands.
Lucas stops for a moment and stares at Maya. She realizes this and decides to break the tension.
" Say hi to the camera", says Maya as she points the camera at Lucas's face.
" Hello, um these are for you", says Lucas as he hands the flowers to Maya, Maya grabs the flowers from him and puts it in a vase.
" Ok, where are we going Lucas", said Maya pointing the camera at him. Lucas smiles at this. He loved how she was always curious about everything.
" Well, since this is one of our many first dates, I though that we would see an art festival", said Lucas smirking.
" Not bad", said Maya. At this point, they are walking out the door. Lucas was nervous now. He wanted to hold her hand but he didn't want to make her feel like she had to. He wanted it to come naturally. " So, what kind of art is going to be there?", said Maya as they walked to the train station. Lucas tried to remember the names on the flyer but failed. " Oh, i think just a little bit of everything I guess", said Lucas smiling. Maya was excited she loved art. It was her favorite thing to do at home and at school. While they were in the train, Maya and Lucas kept getting shoved around. It was happening so much that Lucas had to grab Maya's hand so she wouldn't fall.
By the time their stop was reached, Lucas noticed that Maya was still holding his hand. He smiled. Of course, she was too focused on being pushed that she didn't notice it.
 When they arrived at the art festival, it was better than anything Maya had imagined. There were paintings from Van Gogh, to Picasso, Frida Khalo, Fredrick Church and many others. Lucas watched as Maya's eyed glowed as she walked around the festival. He knew that she would love this place.
 He thought some of it was amazing. Maya stopped at one particular painting and stared at it. Lucas noticed and went near her.
" You like this painting?", said Lucas. It was a painting of that showed a mountain and the sky had a variety of colors from green to red and yellow.
" It's the Aurora Borealis, The Northern Lights", said Maya smiling. Lucas loved watching her talk about art. He took the camera and pointed at her, Maya noticed and stopped smiling
" What are you doing?", she said
" filming you talking about the painting,"said Lucas
:" Why?", said Maya perplexed. She had forgotten about the camera actually.
" I love watching you talk about art because you're passionate about it", he said smiling
" Even if it's boring ?", said Maya
" It's not boring to you right?, that's the only thing that should matter", said Lucas
" I guess, you're right, she said.
"So how did you learn about The Northern Lights?", he said. He doesn't remember Mr. Matthews ever teaching them about it.
Maya looked down for a moment, Lucas sensed that it was something important but he didn't want to push her. " It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to", he said putting his hand on her shoulder.
Maya looked up and smiled at him. " Um no, it's fine, really. I learned about the Northern Lights from my mom. It was a few days after my dad had left us. There was one night, I was five and there was a thunderstorm. I remember thinking that the light was so bright, I thought the world was on fire. So, I hide under my covers crying and hoping that it ends soon. Then, my mom comes flying into the room and puts the covers from me. She decided to make it a game to calm me down. She said that we were in Alaska looking for gold and said that the lighting was The Northern Lights. She had told me that before there were maps, explorers used the stars to navigate where they were going and said that if i was ever lost, I can just look up at the stars and find my way home".
Lucas was shocked at at how young Maya was when her dad left her. It made him sick to his stomach. How could anyone leave this incredible person?
" Let's take a picture near the painting", said Lucas
" Ok, sure", she said smiling
They got close together, Since Maya was shorter than Lucas, he had to bend down to put his arm around Maya. On the other hand, Maya had no problem getting close to Lucas's side.  Lucas took the picture. In it, they are pressed against each other. Lucas has his arm around Maya while Maya has her arm around Lucas's waist. They both have smiles on their faces.
After the art festival, they decided to get something to eat at Topanga's. They had ordered two smoothies and hot dogs. They sat in one of the couches in the bakery.
" So, what did you think?, said Lucas pointing the camera at her.
" Ok, it was a pretty good date," said Maya laughing.
" Is there hope for a second one?", he said smirking
" We'll see how the night ends, she said
" Fair enough," said Lucas
They had spend the rest of the date talking about everything. Lucas had told Maya why his dad was transferred and why he was kicked out of school. Maya told Lucas about how it was like for her when her dad left, how she met Riley and Farkle, and her mom.
" Seriously, that's how you guys met". said Lucas laughing
" yes, apple- picking. Riley was bobbing for apples but she kept drowning, so I told her to lift her head. She didn't lift it at the right time so i ended up getting wet and Farkle had to help me pull her out", said Maya.
" how about any stories about you?", said Lucas
" I have told you stories about me, said Maya
" no, most of the stories have been about your mom, Riley, and Farkle, he said
"OK, I'll tell you one but you have to promise not to tell anyone not even Riley knows", said Maya firmly.
"  Scout's honor"," he said as he did a scout salute
" When I was 10, I was obsessed with Taylor Swift so I would sing her songs and post them online", said Maya
" You liked country music?", he said smirking
" When i was younger, ok  I don't anymore, said Maya seriously.
" Really?, so if i search your name, nothing will come up?, said Lucas raising his eyebrows
She thought about it. There were still some old videos of her singing. He could find them and show them to Riley and Farkle.
" I'll show you one of them", said Maya. She was thinking of one of them that's harmless. The Valentine's Day one.
Lucas was excited to see them. He would never have guessed that Maya sang country music when she was younger.
She picked the Valentine's day one. In the video, it showed a younger Maya with a guitar in her hand. " Hi, everyone this is Maya", said the younger version. " I'm going to be doing my first cover on the guitar. This is Jump then fall by Taylor Swift and this is my belated, kind of belated Valentine's day present to all of you and i hope you all have a great Valentine's Day." This is Jump then fall, again by Taylor Swift, again', she smiled and strummed the guitar.

I like the way you sound in the morning,
We're on the phone and without a warning
I realize your laugh is the best sound I have ever heard

I like the way I can't keep my focus,
I watch you talk you didn't notice
I hear the words but all I can think is we should be together

Every time you smile, I smile
And every time you shine, I'll shine for you

Whoa oh I'm feeling you baby
Don't be afraid to jump then fall, jump then fall into me

Baby, I'm never gonna leave you,
Say that you wanna be with me too
Cuz I'ma stay through it all so jump then fall

Well I like the way your hair falls in your face
You got the keys to me I love each freckle on your face, oh,
I've never been so wrapped up,
Honey, I like the way you're everything I've ever wanted

I had time to think it all over and all I can say is come closer,
Take a deep breath and jump then fall into me

Every time you smile, I smile
And every time you shine, I'll shine for you

Whoa oh I'm feeling you baby
Don't be afraid to jump then fall, jump then fall into me

Baby, I'm never gonna leave you,
Say that you wanna be with me too
I'ma stay through it all so jump then fall

The bottoms gonna drop out from under our feet
I'll catch you, I'll catch you
When people say things that bring you to your knees,
I'll catch you
The time is gonna come when you're so mad you could cry
But I'll hold you through the night until you smile

Whoa oh I need you baby
Don't be afraid please
Jump then fall, jump then fall into me

Baby, I'm never gonna leave you,
Say that you wanna be with me too
I'ma stay through it all so jump then fall

Jump then fall baby
Jump then fall into me, into me

Every time you smile, I smile
And every time you shine, I'll shine
And every time you're here baby, I'll show you, I'll show you
You can jump then fall, jump then fall, jump then fall
Into me, into me yeah
The video ended. Maya had her hands over her face and waited for Lucas to start laughing. She was surprised when she heard clapping instead. " Aww. you were so adorable. you had a great voice even then", said Lucas smiling.
" No, I didn't, I couldn't hit the high notes", said Maya looking away from him
" Your voice was great, I bet it's even better now", said Lucas
" No,", said Maya
" Come one, just one verse or the chorus", he said grabbing her hand. She looked at her hand and thought about it. It was only one verse or chorus, it's not like anyone is going hear her. She nodded and Lucas took out the camera.  He spoke to it, " Ladies and Gentlemen, the beautiful and talented Maya Hart". She laughed," You're so weird". She smiled and took a deep breath.
No one ever listens, this wallpaper glistens
Don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen.

Places, places, get in your places
Throw on your dress and put on your doll faces.
Everyone thinks that we're perfect
Please don't let them look through the curtains.

Picture, picture, smile for the picture
Pose with your brother, won't you be a good sister?
Everyone thinks that we're perfect
Please don't let them look through the curtains.

D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E
I see things that nobody else sees.
(D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E
I see things that nobody else sees)
She stopped and looked at Lucas who stopped filming. She was surprised when Lucas came near her. She moved back and he kept moving closer." um, so how was it,?". she said nervously playing with her fingers,
Lucas grabbed her hands and kissed them. She was shocked at how affectionate he was being. " That was beautiful, Maya you have an amazing voice", he said smiling while still holding her hands
" Thank you", said Maya smiling. She was good at something. She never thought she would be compared to her friends.
"Do you mind if i do something?", said Lucas
" um, sure," she said wondering what he was going to do.
He brushed hair away from her face and grabbed her face. Maya was frozen. She didn't think that he would kiss her. She knew that she should move away but her feet aren't moving. Her eyes widen as he pressed his lips against hers. At first, she was shocked but then she closed her eyes. Lucas felt over the moon when he kissed her. He felt her kissing back and pulled her in more. They opened their eyes when they were done.
Both of them were nervous walking back home. Lucas walked Maya to her door. " So, how about that second date?", said Lucas holding her hand.
Maya was happy for the first time. The date turned out better than she had expected.
" Yeah, I would like that", she said smiling. She noticed that he liked holding her hands a lot. It's like he wants to make sure she's actually there.
Lucas kissed Maya again and said their goodnight to each other.
They both slept with smiles on their faces. Maya looked up at the stars before going to bed that night. Unknown to her, Lucas was looking at the same sky as well. He had framed the picture they had taken and it sat beside his bed. He liked looking at it because they were both happy in the picture. Hopefully, they would take more pictures like that in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment